Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Michigan State Fair.




Well, I took the project to the State fair last Sunday. Karen and Larry came with and we had a blast. I think we knitted about 4 more inches on it, maybe more. It is really getting big.

We taught so many people to knit, I would say over a dozen people learned Sunday including Ken Cockrel's little girls.






We had a marathon knitter, Kylie Hess, who spent the whole day with us. Her family decided that the state fair would be "family fun day" and she was not in to it. Well when I was 17 I didn't want to spend an entire day at the fair either. This project was her saving grace. She even got a job offer from Karen at the end of the day!


So, I have had three diffrent people sugest that this project be a scarf for the spirit of Detroit at the end. Let's take a survey...

What would you like to see this be at the end of the project?

a. scarf for the Spirit of Detroit?
b. A sculpture at a gallery?
c. A house cozy?
d. you make a sugestion.


happy knitting,
Lisa Whiting
gnitihwasil@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home